Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Letters to Lucy

As Lucy's first birthday approaches, I am feeling very nostalgic for those first few days of her life. They were magical in a way that cannot be explained. I had waited so long to meet her, and finally, I was able to hold her in my arms, to see her bright, little eyes peering up at me, so completely aware and content.

Of course, I am so thankful that she is growing into a happy, healthy little girl. It's just fun to remember the anticipation I felt, waiting for her to arrive. While I was pregnant, I wrote Lucy letters. I didn't know then that the letters were for her, but I'm so glad that I can share them with her one day. I've decided to post excerpts from these letters, starting now and until April 28, when our Lucy girl will be one! Hopefully, one day she will read these and know the love I felt for her as I wrote them.

{Lucy Jane Angert, a few days old}


August 27, 2012

Hello, Baby

Right now, as I write this, I can’t even feel you in my tummy. You are still too little for that. Instead, I feel other things... Little cramps and headaches, even a little bit of nausea. But don’t worry. Every little ache and pain is well worth it. I am even happy to be experiencing these little symptoms because it means that you are there, growing inside me.

It’s still so new that, sometimes, I forget. Sometimes, I have trouble believing that you’re even there and I worry that it’s not real. But it is real. I am going to the doctor tomorrow, and they will tell me more about my journey to meeting you.

Apparently, I will be six weeks along in two days. That seems like a long time, probably because you have only been around almost four weeks. I don’t know anything about you yet - whether you are a boy or a girl, whether you will be a really active baby or a really quiet one - but I know that God knows who you are. He already loves you and has a plan for your life. I am excited to see you become the person that God has destined you to be, and I feel so honored that He would give me the privilege of being your mom, of nurturing you and teaching you and enjoying you...


... We looked up your “Due Date” today, for fun. It’s just an estimate - only God knows for sure when you will get here. But the date is April 24, 2013. It seems like such a long time from now, but I know that so much has to happen before then. Your dad and I have to prepare for your arrival. We have so much learning to do before you come along! Your dad doesn’t even know how to change a diaper! The Lord has to prepare our hearts to welcome you into our family. It’s been just the two of us for almost three years now... It will be a big adjustment to have a baby in our lives. But we are so excited! We wouldn’t change it for the world. And you have lots of growing to do as well. You have to grow strong and healthy.

Even though we don’t know you yet, we pray for you every day. I am so excited to meet you, Baby. Soon, we’ll know your real name, but for now, we’ll just have to call you “Baby”.

Love,

Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment