- At six months, Alice weighs 13 lbs. 15 oz. She is 15th percentile for height and weight.
- Alice has been crushing some solids. She has loved every single thing we have let her try, including sweet potatoes, peas, apples, pears, avocado, and bread. She gets very upset if someone eats in front of her without offering her a taste.
- Miss Alice is already very vocal. She squeals loudly when she would like us to pay more attention to her.
- Like her big sister, Alice is already a lover of animals. She is especially fond of Sadie and Georgia, and she likes to grab handfuls of their fur whenever she gets the chance.
- No teeth yet, but we are working on it!
- Alice is a great sleeper. She goes down for the night at the same time as Lucy, around 7:30, and wakes up to eat around 11 p.m. and again around 3 or 4 a.m.
- Lucy and Alice have started sharing a room. Alice has moved out of the bassinet (for the most part) and sleeps in her crib. This transition was difficult at first; the girls kept waking each other up. But, eventually, Alice learned to sleep through Lucy's "reading" and Lucy learned to "read" more quietly. Both of them seem to enjoy sharing a room. (A few times, we have caught Lucy out of bed, standing over Alice's crib, trying to "comfort" her. In other words, Lucy poked Alice in the face and woke her up.)
- Alice has transitioned from four daytime naps to three. Occasionally, she will still take a fourth nap if she is particularly tired.
- She has started grabbing at everything in sight - necklaces, hair, glasses, and even beards.
Looking at Big Sister instead of the camera...
- Alice is getting pretty good at sitting up, as long as she has some support.
- I don't think you can tell from the photos, but Alice's eyes are a deep, clear blue. Her hair is much lighter (and sparser) than Lucy's at this age. Alice definitely favors me more than Lucy did, but I still see a lot of M in her, too.
- It has been so much fun to watch Alice's little personality develop. She is such a happy little girl, so aware and thoughtful. She is also very affectionate and snuggly. While Lucy could be such a serious baby at times, Alice already seems to have such a quirky sense of humor. She makes us laugh constantly.
Happy half-birthday to our sweet, little Alice! You bring so much joy and laughter to our family. We love you more than you could ever, ever imagine! xxxooo