Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter from the ER

Well, we had a very eventful Easter this year. Just not in the way we expected. Saturday night, I started to experience sharp pains in my lower abdomen. I thought it was just gas or something, but the pain persisted late into the night and got worse, until it felt like a knife in my stomach. I started to feel faint, like I might black out, and that's when we decided it was time to go to the ER.

M rushed next door to our neighbor's house and woke her up, so that she could watch Lucy while he rushed me to the hospital. The last time I was at the hospital was when Lucy was born. This time was not so enjoyable. However, they did pump me full of morphine, which was kind of them.

{In the ER... After the morphine kicked in.}

They did several different tests, and the best they can come up with is that I have some sort of infection. It was a very busy night in the ER, apparently... lots of interesting characters. I remembered as I was lying there, that in addition to being Easter, it was also 4-20, or National Marijuana Day. Not a fun time to be at the hospital. The doctors and nurses were understandably stressed out, and I was reminded that they have the most difficult jobs ever. 

I am home now, taking pain meds and antibiotics. Hopefully, this infection will clear up soon, and I can get on with normal life. The medicine makes me sleepy all the time, which is not conducive to caring for an-almost-one-year-old. Thankfully, M is here to take care of both of us. I have the world's most amazing, selfless husband. 


In all the craziness, we missed celebrating Easter. But, while I was in the hospital, I had plenty of time to think and pray and reflect on the hope we can have because of the Resurrection. In the midst of life's mundane trials and even in its most terrible tragedies, we have the hope and assurance that one day sorrow and pain will be no more. Happy Easter! 

 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? 
1 Corinthians 15:55


No comments:

Post a Comment