Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2014

One of Those Days

Today is one of those days. Everyone has them. And now that Lucy is napping, and I am eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and M is sending me Youtube videos of hamsters eating tiny burritos, I feel like I can laugh about it. 


This morning, we woke up to find that Lucy had thrown up all over her crib. It must not have bothered her too much, because we never heard a peep out of her all night. M had to leave early this morning for class, so I cleaned up the throw up and tossed Lucy's sheets and pajamas into the wash. No big deal. 

I decided to try feeding her a little breakfast. She seemed to be feeling better. We had a lovely, carefree hour or so. Lucy had some cereal and banana. I had coffee. It was a pretty typical morning.  

After breakfast, I decided to give Lucy a bath. I had just finished bathing her, when she pooped in the tub.

Immediately, I yanked her out of the tub and dealt with the "situation". I got her dressed and let her play in the living room while I finished cleaning the tub and transferring her bed sheets from the washing machine to the drier. Just as I sat down on the couch, Lucy began throwing up - projectile vomiting - everything she ate for breakfast.

Another load of laundry. Another bath.

When I finally settled Lucy down with her water cup and Sesame Street, I found the dog in the living room. After eating Lucy's throw up, she decided to chew up Lucy's toys.

Tearful phone call to M, who had to leave class to answer. He told me to take a deep breath, that he would call the doctor and make sure that Lucy didn't have some sort of African Jungle Virus. I climb into my bed with Lucy and watch Sesame Street with her. M calls back and says that the doctor says that Lucy is fine, to keep giving her fluids, to monitor her temperature. She does not have an African Jungle Virus.

Finally, Lucy falls asleep, and I transfer her to her crib, turn on her noise maker, and back out of the room.

This is the part when I would usually pour myself a glass of wine, but it is only noon.

{Just because.}

No comments:

Post a Comment