Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Lucy and Solids, Try # 3

The lovely thing about being a first-time parent is that I have no clue what I'm doing. I'm thankful that Lucy can't walk yet... Otherwise, I think she would run for the hills :)

Introducing solids is more difficult than I expected. I probably didn't research enough, blah blah blah. Who has time to research? Here is our last failed attempt at trying to get Lucy to eat bananas...



On a whim, I bought a steamer yesterday and steamed some carrots for her to try. They are blander than bananas, and I thought she might like them better. Thankfully, she does seem to prefer the carrots. She has trouble swallowing, and I can tell she wants to gag instead. I don't know if this means she's still too young to introduce solids, or if we are supposed to persevere. I don't want to force her to eat solids if she isn't ready, but I also don't want to give up just because she's having a hard time.

No comments:

Post a Comment