Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

26

On Saturday, I celebrated my 26th birthday. I still look forward to birthdays... I don't know when that stops. Hopefully never.

{My 6th birthday... 20 years ago... Yes, that's a Beauty and the Beast cake.}

Saturday morning, M cooked breakfast for me and then had to shut himself away to write a 20 page paper that is due today. I spent the rest of the morning with one of my dear friends, and then Lucy and I had a quiet afternoon. (She is doing better, by the way. Her fever is down, and she seems to be in a much better mood.)

Later that evening, I was washing dishes, and there was a knock at the door. It was one of our sweet students. M had arranged for her to come over and babysit Lucy, so that we could go out on a birthday date. When we got to the restaurant, a bunch of our friends were there, waiting to surprise me. It was very humbling to see such an outpouring of love from my friends and family, near and far. From the bottom of my heart, thank you :)


No comments:

Post a Comment