Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Packing for the Hospital

Our bags are packed and waiting by the door in anticipation of Baby Girl's arrival, which will hopefully be very soon. My goal in packing for the hospital was to keep things pretty simple, since our hospital provides a lot of what we'll need. Here's what's on my packing list:


1. Nursing tanks

2. File of insurance / doctor records: When we were at the hospital for our tour, they let us preregister, so I won't have to fill out any paperwork once I get there. Still, it's good to have all this information available just in case.

3. Nursing pads: Not very glamorous, but necessary.

4. Lanolin Cream: Don't ask.

5. An outfit for Baby Girl to wear home from the hospital

6. A baby blanket

7. Bathrobe (not pictured): It will be nice to have a comfy robe to wear over my hospital gown, so I won't feel so exposed!

8. Husband snacks (not pictured): The hospital provides snacks for me, but M will probably need some man food for energy.

9. Cell phone and charger (not pictured)

10. Toiletries (not pictured)

Luckily, we live very close to the hospital - only about a mile away. If we get there, and I find that I forgot something important, I can always send M back to the house to get it.


Somehow, I managed to catch a cold. Probably due to all the snow and cold weather lately. Thanks, Colorado. I managed not to get sick my entire pregnancy, and now - the day before my due date - I am like a walking plague. I think my body is worn out. Still, Baby Girl is perfectly healthy! That is really all that matters anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment