Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

39 Weeks

As of Wednesday, I am 39 weeks! I seriously can't believe it.

 See all the snow still on the ground? We're supposed to get even more next week!

Yesterday at my doctor's appointment, my doctor told me she thought it would be a good idea to have my membranes swept, which can sometimes start labor contractions. We tried it, and then I came home and took a loooooooooong walk with M and the dogs. I was hoping to start feeling contractions shortly thereafter, but nothing happened. Not even Braxton Hicks. 

Last night, we decided to go out for dinner to a local Italian place called Canino's. There is a dessert at Canino's that is known for sending women late in their pregnancy into labor. It's called "spumoni", and it is basically an Italian ice cream made of chocolate, cherry, and pistachio. I'm not sure what it is about this dessert that earned such a reputation, but the Italian women supposedly swear by it. One of my friends actually went into labor after eating it.

I wasn't crazy about the taste... I'm not a huge fan of pistachio.

Obviously, the spumoni did not work its legendary magic on me! I am beginning to think that these old wives' tales were just invented to give pregnant women something to do in the last couple weeks of their pregnancy. 

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment