Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Double Wedding Weekend

This week, we've had the Angerts in town with us. It has been such an amazing visit, and I am so thankful they drove halfway across the country just to spend time with us. We are very sad that they are leaving us tomorrow. I'll post more about their visit soon.

Meanwhile, I would love to give an update on how the Double Wedding Weekend went. This past weekend were both weddings I coordinated independently through my new little business venture. One was on Saturday and the other was on Sunday. You are probably thinking that only a crazy person would agree to do something like this. You would be correct.

 
{My first wedding! The bride's color pallet was purple and green, and the reception was held in this cool old barn. I snapped this photo w/ my phone before the guests arrived.}

First I will say that the weekend was a great success. I feel so blessed and overwhelmed by all the support I had around me. Also, both of my brides were incredible... the farthest thing from bridezillas. They were both so laid-back and fun to work with.

That being said, there were definitely some bumps in the road. We did as much prep work as we possibly could beforehand, but the weekend still turned out to be crazy and full of unexpected crisis moments. For example, the florist for my first wedding (pictured above) was supposed to arrive at the barn at 11 a.m., and did not arrive at the barn until 1 p.m. See all those flowers? We did not have a spare two hours to get all those flowers where they needed to go. Also, we had a bunch of decorations outside, including a large chalkboard menu, when a large gust of wind came and blew everything all over the place, knocking the chalkboard off the easel it was resting on. Thank the Lord for glue guns. For my other wedding, there was supposed to be a sparkler send-off, but it turns out sparklers are banned right now for some reason (something about wildfires?), and so we had to improvise with rose petals left over from the ceremony flowers. 

I got hardly any sleep, I was practically eating Emergen-C straight out of the packet, and I have massive booboos on my feet, BUT I got through it. And I feel very blessed to have had the opportunity to gain so much experience in such a short amount of time. It is a great feeling! I am proud of my work, and I could not have asked for a better weekend to kick off what will hopefully one day turn into my career. 

No comments:

Post a Comment