Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Fruit Season

Hello there. I hope you all had a marvelous weekend!

Here in Fort Collins, it's fruit season... finally! The West is a strange place. Summer takes much longer to get here than it does in the South. And then it's gone again in the blink of an eye. (Last year, the first snow fell in November... the year before, it was October!) Fruit isn't harvested until late July or August. I have been {not so patiently} waiting for good, fresh fruit to appear at the market. It's finally time.

Yummy Blueberry Crisp

It's funny the things we've had to adjust to, living in the West. The seasons are all mixed up. I have had to re-learn how to bake. And the ocean is half a continent away. To name a few things.



My friend Paige is coming to visit tomorrow! I am so excited to see her. I have been so richly blessed with visitors this month. It has been wonderful to show the people I love what our lives are like now that we live out here, so far away from what used to be our whole world. Can you believe we have been in Colorado for almost a year? Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment