Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Granola

Most of you will not be surprised by the fact that I made a big batch of granola this morning. I have now perfected my all-time favorite recipe (originally taken from the Southern Living cookbook). This stuff is so stinkin' easy to make. Not to mention delicious.



3 cups old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
1/2 cup sliced almonds (optional)
1/4 cup wheat germ

Mix dry ingredients, then combine:

1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon honey
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 1/2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix together and spread on greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. And presto. Add raisins or other dried fruit, if desired. Then enjoy with milk or yogurt.

P.S. I always double this recipe to make Morgan and I a larger batch that will last us through the week... We eat of a lot of granola in our house. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment