Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Going West, Day One

So, we made it to the bustling metropolis of Columbia, Missouri. Here are some pictures from our journey:









Morgan and I decided that the next time we make this road trip (hopefully without our two dogs and a truck full of all our stuff), we are going to visit some of the exciting attractions along the way, such as the National Quilt Museum and Ruby Falls and the Chattanooga Choo Choo.

Story of the day: By the time we FINALLY arrived at the hotel, I was on the phone with the sweet family who is letting us live in their basement apartment. Morgan had gone out of the room to get something, and I thought I heard him knocking at the door. I went to open the door, only to find that it was someone knocking far off down the hall. Sadie and Georgie (still a bit trigger-happy from being in the car all day) exploded with deep, guttural barks and took off running down the hotel hall. (Let me just add that this is a nice hotel, and it's late at night, and people are sleeping). I took off after them, only to realize that I was now locked out of our room (and still on the phone, trying to politely explain what was happening). Fortunately, Morgan showed up soon after with a room key, and we wrangled up the dogs and put them back where they belonged. We have never been more ready for a good night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment