Pages

Friday, November 6, 2015

28 Candles

I turned 28 last week. Here's how we celebrated...

On the morning of my birthday, I woke up to coffee and presents from M. We ate breakfast and then I took Lucy to school. M had class all day, but that afternoon, he called to say that we would have a babysitter coming to stay with the girls, so that we could go out for after-dinner drinks - it would be our first time going out alone since Alice was born. Needless to say, I was super excited!

When M got home from class, he cooked dinner and then presented me with my delicious birthday cake, the ice cream cake I had requested from Sweet Cow. This was a big splurge for me, as I have been taking a break from dairy.

It was delish.

After we got Lucy ready for bed, our sitter arrived. It felt so strange, walking out of the house without any children! All night, I felt like I was forgetting something!

I knew nothing about where M was taking me. Imagine my confusion when our destination turned out to be an old book store. I love books, but I had been promised a drink. Fortunately, the girl sitting behind the counter at the book store opened a door in the wall that was hidden behind one of the bookshelves, and we found ourselves in a dark, 1920's-esque speakeasy. One of the coolest bars I've ever been to!

We were home by ten (we're so old) and in bed by eleven. In my youth, I could party all night long, but now that I'm an old lady, it takes me a week to recover if I stay out too late. Besides, I have two little ones who like to get up before dawn every morning. They are my favorite gifts of all :)


Thank you, family and friends who made my birthday so special. I got so many phone calls and fun packages and cards in the mail. I love each and every one of you dearly!



No comments:

Post a Comment