Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Nesting

I used to think nesting was something made up to keep pregnant women busy and distracted during their final weeks of pregnancy. Not the case. 


When I was pregnant with Lucy, I nested a little here and there. I definitely had nesting "moods". With this pregnancy, I have been a nesting freak. I want to nest all over the place, and I feel like if I don't get everything done before Baby comes. the universe might explode. For example...

- The other day, I HAD to clean to baseboards. I was deeply offended by how dirty my baseboards were, and I had to clean them immediately. Imagine me, eight months pregnant, down on my hands and knees, scrubbing baseboards. It was not pretty.

- Same with cleaning out the refrigerator. And I don't mean going through all the food and throwing away expired items. I mean, I scrubbed that refrigerator until it sparkled. Morgan told me that we now have a "Nancy Meyers" fridge. Ha. Maybe if my fruits and veggies were freshly-picked from the garden... Wait, is there time to plant a garden?

- I have been making lists like crazy. I have a list for every imaginable thing. I have a list of everything that needs to get done before Baby arrives. I have a list of baby stuff we still need to get. I have a list of stuff to pack for the hospital. I have a list of potential middle names for Baby Sister. And just in case my phone crashes, I have all my lists backed up on the Cloud. Yeah, that's how crazy I am. 

- I am only 35 weeks, and my hospital bag is already (mostly) packed. Baby's car seat is already installed. I even have extra towels in the car, just in case my water breaks randomly while I am driving somewhere. For those of you who may not know, doctors usually encourage expectant moms to make these preparations some time around 37 or 38 weeks. For some reason, I could not wait that long. I needed to get all of these things done immediately



The good news is, if Baby decides to come early, thank goodness we have clean baseboards and a clean refrigerator. 

No comments:

Post a Comment