Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2015

37 Weeks


 Here I am at 37 weeks, looking super large...



At 37 weeks, Baby is about the size of a winter melon, weighing approximately 6.5 pounds and anywhere between 19-22 inches long. The countdown is 2 weeks and 5 days until my due date. What in the world. 

Today, I had 37 week checkup. My doctor went ahead and checked me to see if I've progressed at all. I'm currently 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. This is nothing crazy, as I was already 1 cm dilated and 75% effaced at 36 weeks with Lucy. Doesn't mean Baby is coming soon, or anything like that. The good news is that she is definitely head-down. And more good news - I tested negative for Group B Strep! This means that I will not have to worry about making it to the hospital in enough time to have antibiotics administered... I just have to worry about making it to the hospital in time to have a baby. 

I am feeling very thankful to know that Baby Sister is healthy and doing well in there. What an answer to prayers!

While we wait for Baby Sister to arrive, my mom is here visiting. We have been enjoying the beautiful summer weather and trying to take as many long walks as possible. On Sunday, some of my sweet friends are throwing a little shower for me and Baby A. As busy as things have been around here, I am so excited to finally celebrate this sweet little girl. I am also enjoying soaking up as much time with Lucy as possible. It is so hard to imagine that my baby is about to become a big sister. I know she and Baby A will have such a sweet, special bond, and I can't wait to see them together. I think my heart might explode.



No comments:

Post a Comment