Pages

Friday, June 26, 2015

34 Weeks

34 weeks! I am starting to get more anxious / excited for Baby Sister to arrive. But we still have about 6 more weeks to go!



Baby Sister is about the size of a pineapple, weighing almost 5 pounds. She is anywhere between 19 and 22 inches long. She is beefing up for her arrival, putting on the pounds. Fortunately, my own weight seems to have leveled off a bit. I have weighed in at 138 lbs. at my last two doctor's appointments, which puts me right in the healthy margin for pregnancy weight gain. Woohoo!

As far as symptoms go, I have noticed some mild, abdominal cramping, which is apparently my body's way of preparing for childbirth. I have also been experiencing some crazy fatigue. Some days, I have bouts of extreme nesting energy, and I am very productive. Most days, however, I am exhausted. I feel like the simplest tasks are super daunting, and I just want to close my eyes. From what I read, this is fairly common in late pregnancy. Poor Lucy is being a good little sport!

Yesterday, I had a doctor's appointment in the morning, and then yesterday evening, we had our hospital tour. At my doctor's appointment, I voiced my concerns about induction. My doctor was extremely supportive, and even though she is still concerned that my labor will go really fast this time around, she told me that it is 100% my decision. At this point, we have decided not to induce, to let Baby come when she is ready. I am a tiny bit nervous about a potentially faster labor. I don't want to be one of those people who end up on the news because they gave birth on the way to the hospital. Still, I'm not worried enough to feel comfortable with induction. We will just make sure to get to the hospital as soon as I know I'm in labor.

Speaking of the hospital, it is pretty swanky! They have just remodeled the Mom and Baby floors, and the rooms are super nice. Not that I will notice much when I'm back there, you know, giving birth. I'm sure I'll have other things on my mind!

Walking down those halls and peeking into the hospital rooms was so surreal. I can't believe I'll be back there so soon, that we will finally be able to meet this baby girl.


During my random bouts of nesting energy, I have gotten quite a bit accomplished. The other day, I was down on my hands and knees scrubbing all the baseboards! I have the sudden desire - even more than usual - for everything to be clean and organized. Baby Sister's clothes are washed and already stashed in the nursery. All the baby gear is out of storage and ready to be used. I cleaned out and organized the nursery closet. My bag is all packed for the hospital, with extra towels in the car just in case. I will post more on all of this later, but suffice it to say, we are now ready for Baby to arrive any time she wants to show up. Hopefully, she will stay in there a little bit longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment