Tomorrow, I'll be 33 weeks. Baby is about the size of a head of lettuce, almost 4 lbs. and 19 inches long. These numbers are blowing my mind. Lucy weighed 7 lbs. and was 20.5 inches when she was born! Little Sister doesn't have much longer to go before she is fully cooked. About 7 more weeks of cooking.
The only new symptom (besides the frequent bathroom trips and Braxton-Hicks contractions) is my extremely elevated body temperature. I just feel hot. All. the. time. I know it's summer, and everyone is hot, but I feel like my tolerance for heat is just about nonexistent. Nothing gives me greater pleasure than blasting our AC when I go to bed at night. If it's not freezing in our bedroom, it's not cold enough.
I feel like there is still so much to do to get ready for Baby's arrival. Later this month, we will be touring our new hospital. We have to get Lucy's infant car seat out of storage and make sure it fits in our back seat with Lucy's car seat. I have to get my TDAP vaccine. All that fun stuff. But it's exciting to think that Baby will be here so soon.
At my last doctor's appointment, we got some frustrating news. Because of my super fast labor with Lucy, my doctor wants me to be induced this time around. Obviously, this was not what I wanted to hear. I take my doctor's recommendations very seriously; however, the more I think about being induced, I am just not comfortable with it. At the end of the day, I have to make the decision that's best for me and for Baby, and I can't help thinking that it would be so much better to wait to go into labor naturally, if possible.
When I was pregnant with Lucy, I remember trying everything to send my body into labor after my due date. Of course, I was so over being pregnant and so eager to meet Lucy, but nothing I tried worked. I learned the valuable lesson to let nature take its course, and sure enough, Lucy arrived when she was ready. I know that induction can be beneficial and even life-saving in so many situations, but I can't help thinking how glad I am that I didn't induce with Lucy (not that my doctor offered, anyway). I went into labor when my body was ready, when Lucy was ready, and it was a very positive experience. I think I am afraid of induction because I worry my body, and Baby, will not be ready.
Ultimately, I feel comfortable voicing these concerns to my doctor, and hopefully, she will respect my choices. And, obviously, if there is a legitimate, medical reason to induce, I will reconsider my position.
OK, enough of that. Somebody shut that pregnant lady up.