Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

Pizza and Pears

Many people have asked me what Lucy eats. I think the more appropriate question would be, what doesn't she eat?

{Lucy enjoying her lunch of pizza and pears}

These days Lucy eats pretty much anything we eat. At meal time, we just let her sample a little bit of everything on our plates. Sometimes she likes what we're having, and sometimes she doesn't. For example, the other day I didn't have time to make dinner, so we ate at Whole Foods while we were there picking up some groceries. I let her try some of my spicy chicken curry, and she did not like it at all. It was so spicy that it made her cry, and I felt like a jerk for feeding it to her in the first place. But then, we were at a sushi place the other day, and she had a little miso soup with tofu. I didn't think she would like it at all, but she loved it. 

It's fun giving her new foods and watching for her reaction. I am impressed by her bravery. She will taste anything once, and sometimes, we can sneak foods she doesn't like into other foods that she does like. For example, she still does not like banana, which I find baffling. However, if I sneak a tiny piece of banana into some yogurt, she will eat it right up. Sneaky mama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment