Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

One Month

Our sweet Lucy girl is one month old! I can't believe a whole month has passed since her birth. She has grown and changed so much since then, and I feel like we have too in many ways. Yesterday, I was able to get a few photos of her with her eyes open. I think she knew that I was taking pictures of her because she was workin' it...


Here are some facts about Lucy at one month:
1. She probably weighs about 8 lbs.
2. Her hobbies include eating, sleeping, and waving her arms.
3. She has so much hair that she already needs a haircut. She has a rat tail. But I don't have the heart to cut it. 
4. She only wakes up once a night to eat (hallelujah). She must take after me in her superior sleep abilities.
5. She enjoys baths, especially having her hair washed. In this way, I think she must also take after me. Morgan isn't big on having his hair washed. 

Developmental Milestones:
1. She can lift her head and look around. 
2. She's started making non-fussy sounds, your typical baby cooing. 
3. She just took her first bottle like a pro. I left M alone with her for a couple of hours the other day, the first time I have been away from her since she was born. I got a pedicure, in case you are wondering what I did with my precious hours of freedom. 
4. We are not sure, but we "think" that she recognizes us. I am the one the food comes from. Morgan is the bearded one. 




Many people have asked how our dogs have reacted to her. They were a little apprehensive at first, but after much deliberation, they have decided to let her live. For the most part, they ignore her. I don't think they have realized yet that she is a permanent member of this family. 

It is hard to believe that we could love this little girl any more than we already do, but I'm sure we'll find a way.


Lucy,
Let the record show that you pooped all over my nice white pants while we were at a party. I am sure it will not be the last time this happens, but I just thought you ought to know.

Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment