Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Georgia Wedding Weekend Re-cap

Sorry it has taken so long to write about my trip to Georgia a few weeks ago. I went back for my friend Kelly's wedding.

My favorite part of the trip was just being able to catch up with friends and family. I stayed at M's parents house and got to spend lots of quality time with them. Then, on Saturday morning before going to the airport, my dad and brother were supposed to come to Atlanta to have brunch with me. I was so excited to see them, but also a little sad that my mom wouldn't be there. She has been hiking the Appalachian Trail since March, and by this time, she was all the way in the Smoky Mountains. When the doorbell rang on Saturday morning, I went to answer it. There, standing on the Angerts' doorstep were my dad and brother and... my mom! My dad drove all the way to Tennessee to pick her up and bring her to Atlanta so that I could see her! It was the best surprise ever. They totally got me. 

I was sad to leave Georgia. It's always hard to go back to the place that still feels so much like home and then come back to Colorado, which has become my new home. It made me realize how thankful I am for the people in my life that make these places home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment