2 cups all-purpose flour
1 stick of butter (cold)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup heavy cream
green food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix together dry ingredients.
2. Cut stick of butter into pieces and work pieces into the dry ingredients with your hands
3. Add food coloring to the heavy cream. How much food coloring is up to you and depends on how green you want your biscuits to be.
4. Pour heavy cream into dry mixture and kneed dough until it is no longer sticky. Form into a ball.
5. Use a flat surface like a cutting board and roll dough out with rolling pin. Fold the dough in half and use a round cookie cutter or a cup to cut biscuits out of the dough. Repeat until you have used up all the dough.
6. Place biscuits on a greased baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes at 450.
7. Enjoy :)
* Leave out food coloring for plain biscuits.
Hope you all had a fun St. Patrick's Day! We are still recovering from the massive feast we ate last night. My friend Anna made corned beef cooked in Guinness, green mashed potatoes, Irish soda bread, kale salad, and marvelous gooey butter bars. I am keeping the Tums close today.