Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2021

Watercolor Trip 2021

 In May, we went to Watercolor with my family. Because of the pandemic, we didn't get to go last year, so we were all very excited and ready for a vacation.


No place like 30A!


Lucy loved catching waves with her cousins.


Esme was content to play near the shore with her bucket and pail.



Watercolor really lives up to its name.



We loved jumping in the pool every day when we got back from the beach. To rinse off the sand and also cool off. Esme learned how to swim with a puddle jumper on this trip.


We played a lot of games in the evenings. The girls were all obsessed with Hedbanz. One night, we watched The Man Who Knew Too Little with Bill Murray, which is a classic as far as my family is concerned. 

Another night, my parents babysat, and Morgan, my brother, and I all rode bikes to Seaside for Cuban food and mojito slushies. By the time we headed back to Watercolor, the sun had already set, and my brother and I had on our prescription sunglasses (we'd both left our glasses at the house). Riding a bike in the dark with sunglasses after a couple of drinks was an adventure. But we made it.


Making sandcastles!


Cocktails on the beach! (Is there anything better? No. No, there is not.)


I just wanted to document Lucy's smile with her two front teeth missing... so cute! In this photo, we are riding the golf cart to a candy shop, so these girls were living their best lives.


Esme knows how to enjoy the beach!


So does Morgan.


On the last night of our vacation, we went out to dinner to celebrate my niece's birthday. We go to the same pizza place in Seaside every year.


My pizza of choice this year had an egg on it... so good!


Love my girls.


Afterward dinner, we walked around Seaside. There is a giant, yellow duck outside the toy shop, and Esme was in love with it. I didn't think we would be able to get her away from it.



Watercolor, you were good to us this year! Can't wait to go back!


No comments:

Post a Comment