Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2019

Beach Trip, Part 2

After a wonderful week with my family in Watercolor, we headed for the Atlantic coast, to the beautiful city of St. Augustine, Florida to spend a week with M’s family. I had never been to St. Augustine before, so I was excited to explore.



M and Lucy enjoying the pool... Notice how Lucy is swimming like a little fish! I couldn't believe what a difference a year has made in her swimming abilities.


Esme enjoyed some poolside naps.


One evening, we went out for dinner at a local place called Beachcombers. It's a little dive right on the beach, so the kids could play in the sand while we waited for our food. They had incredible seafood!


As you can tell from this picture, Esme has grown a LOT in the past month. She is sitting up on her own, and if you look in her mouth you can see two, tiny teeth!



Flying kites on the beach was pure magic.

One afternoon, we visited downtown St. Augustine and had lunch at the beautiful, historic Columbia Restaurant. It was such a charming place; I am kicking myself for not taking any pictures. It was fun to walk around downtown St. Augustine. The Spanish-colonial architecture made me feel like I was in Pirates of the Caribbean. 


Our walk to the beach...

Towards the end of the week, Lu caught a stomach bug, and I somehow developed mastitis (again). One of the reasons I don't have more photos is because we had to spend a good deal of time indoors, resting and recovering. 


With the exception of our illnesses, we had such a wonderful vacation! It was a treat to get away for a couple of weeks and have a little break from our crazy schedules. I have to say, though, one of my favorite parts of a vacation is how good it feels to come home at the end of it. My kids must feel the same way because they have been playing with all of their old toys as if they were new. It's like Christmas morning over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment