Pages

Friday, May 31, 2019

Beach Trip, Part 1

This year, our families just so happened to choose back-to-back weeks for their beach vacations, so we got to spend one week at the Gulf coast and another at the Atlantic. We spent the first leg of our trip in Watercolor with my family...


Look at that crystal, clear water!


Alice and my mom, two peas in a pod.


I had forgotten how challenging the beach is with a newborn! Esme was not a fan of the water (I think the waves scared her a little), and even with our beach tent for shade, it was HOT. But we managed to get her a little more used to the beach every day, and by the end of the week, she actually seemed to enjoy it a little.


She loved the pool though!


One night, my parents babysat so M and I could go out on a little date. We rode our bikes over to the charming little town of Seaside...


For dinner, we browsed the food trucks that line Seaside's main street. One food truck sold the most delicious crepes, but the real highlight for me was the frozen rosé. 


After dinner, we took a walk on the beach. And watched the sunset. Because we're basic like that.


By the end of our week at the Gulf, we were all pretty worn out (some of us more than others), but I can't think of a more perfect week. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, and we made wonderful memories that I know my girls will have for the rest of their lives.


On to the Atlantic coast, to the beautiful city of St. Augustine!

No comments:

Post a Comment