Pages

Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter

This Easter was not a typical Easter Sunday at our house. For one thing, both girls were sick with a respiratory virus. Poor Lucy also had an ear infection. She was so miserable, M ended up taking her to the doctor Easter afternoon.



Thankfully, the doctor was able to give Lucy some antibiotics to treat the ear infection. Her fever is down today, and she seems to be doing much better. Alice still has a little cough, but she is on the mend, too.

Even though we did not get to hunt for Easter eggs or get all dressed up to go to church, we did celebrate the reality of the resurrection and the hope we have because of it. Taking care of poor, sick little ones was not necessarily the way I would have chosen to celebrate Easter, but it served as a reminder for me of why the hope of the resurrection is so powerful. There is sorrow, suffering, and brokenness everywhere we look - in the news, in our homes, in our own hearts. I am thankful to have a hope which extends beyond this world.

I will not boast in anything,
No gifts, no power, no wisdom.
But I will boast in Jesus Christ,
His death and resurrection. 
Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer.
But this I know with all my heart - 
His wounds have paid my ransom.

- "How Deep the Father's Love for Us"

Happy Easter!
He is risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment