Pages

Friday, March 13, 2015

A Letter to My Second Daughter


Hello Baby,

Right now, you are wiggling around inside of me, and it is the greatest feeling in the world. I am so excited to meet you, and I can't believe we are already halfway through this journey. I can tell by your little picture that you are very adorable. I can't wait for the day that I get to hold you in my arms and see your sweet, little eyes peering up at me. Meanwhile, stay inside me as long as you like (erm... maybe just until August), growing healthy and strong. 

Let me tell you a little bit about this family of yours. You did not get to choose us, and I'm sure there will be times you will want to disown us, but hopefully, you will like us most of the time. Your father is fun and silly. He makes the best scrambled eggs and grilled cheese sandwiches on the planet. He is a really good husband and father, and he loves being a daddy to little girls. He will read you books about princesses and have tea parties with you and your sister. He gives the best advice, and he will cheer you up if you are having a bad day. He will be your counselor, co-conspirator, and cuddle partner. You'll like him a lot.

Your sister, Lucy, is a little ball of energy. She loves to read books and sing songs and "run around". She is also extremely affectionate, and she gives the best cuddles in the world. She already loves you so much, baby. She has a picture of you that the ultrasound tech gave her, and she carries it around with her and looks at it all the time. She calls you "Girl Baby". I hope that the two of you are always close, that you share a wonderful, beautiful bond.

And then, there's me, your undeserving mama. You are a dream come true for me, and I feel so grateful to have the privilege of being a mother to two, precious little daughters. There is so much I want to say to you, but I think this very wise woman sums it up well:

“My child, the troubles and temptations of your life are beginning, and may be many; but you can overcome and outlive them all if you learn to feel the strength and tenderness of your Heavenly Father as you do that of your earthly one. The more you love and trust Him, the nearer you will feel to Him, and the less you will depend on human power and wisdom. His love and care never tire or change, can never be taken from you, but may become the source of lifelong peace, happiness, and strength. Believe this heartily, and go to God with all your little cares, and hopes, and sins, and sorrows, as freely and confidingly as you come to your mother.” 
― Louisa May AlcottLittle Women

I love you, Baby Girl. We can't wait to meet you!

Love,

Your Family

No comments:

Post a Comment