Pages

Monday, February 2, 2015

Some Exciting News!

Many of you already know, but I am excited to announce...


... we are having a baby! Lucy is going to have a little sister or brother! Obviously, we are all over-the-moon excited. Baby Angert is due August 5th!

This week, as I enter into my second trimester of pregnancy, I am happy to report that I am feeling pretty great. I was feeling nauseous and tired early on (while we were in Georgia for the holidays), but now my energy and appetite are back. My symptoms with this pregnancy have been a little different from my pregnancy with Lucy:

- Cravings: Tomatoes!!! I cannot eat enough tomatoes.
- Aversions: Thai food... Used to be my favorite, but now it makes me want to gag.
- Occasional headaches
- Insane Hunger: I am always hungry. Sometimes, I wake up in the middle of the night starving, and I can't sleep until I eat a bowl of cereal or a granola bar. I did not have this symptom with Lucy, and I'm afraid this baby is going to weigh ten pounds at birth! 

We have been talking to Lucy about the new baby, trying to prepare her for a little sibling. So far, she doesn't seem to understand what's coming. Occasionally, she will point to my belly and say, "Baby!", but she seems otherwise oblivious. I am excited to see her as big sister. She is very loving and nurturing, and she is already a good mommy to her baby dolls. I'm sure it will be a huge change for all of us though, going from a family of three to a family of four!

Today, I had a doctor's appointment, and we got to hear the baby's heartbeat. It's my favorite sound in all the world. We are thankful that Baby is healthy and growing, and we would love your prayers for his or her continued health. We are excited to be able to share this news with all of you!

Love,
l&m



No comments:

Post a Comment