Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Weeks 23 and 24

Well hello there. Hope you all had a fabulous weekend. Ours was very relaxing... I'm kind of sad it's over. Now that the holidays are officially behind us, we have pretty much entered "baby mode", which means that we are scrambling to get everything ready for Baby Girl's arrival. We have started work on the nursery. I found a maternity photographer. I have a list of classes I have to register for, starting next month. In all the craziness though, I am trying to take time to just enjoy my pregnancy. (Yes, it is possible to enjoy pregnancy, it turns out...) Meanwhile, I have more bump photos to share with you:

23 weeks... {This photo was taken on New Year's Eve. We were actually getting ready to go out to a friends's party. Obviously, my baby bump showed up for the party too.} 

24 weeks... {After church on Sunday... Notice how hard my belt is working...}


Fortunately, I have still been able to wear my normal clothes. Mind you, it takes a bit more creativity, trying to put together outfits that work. But I'm fine with it. I am trying to hold off on the maternity clothes for as long as humanly possible!

Tomorrow, I will actually be 25 weeks. Baby Girl is currently the size of an eggplant, weighing about 1.7 pounds. She has a very strong ninja kick. Also, she is very opinionated about what she likes to eat. In my first trimester, I felt nauseous constantly, but I never actually got sick. In my second trimester, as my appetite has increased, I have gotten sick twice - once after eating Mexican (my favorite!) and once (last night actually) after eating a greasy cheese burger. My body completely rejects all greasy, delicious foods. I guess I'm supposed to be eating healthy anyway, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment