Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Mothers

I think it's crazy that the Important People who Declare Holidays have only designated one day of the year to celebrate mothers. It's just plain silly.

Mom, thank you for always, always making me feel so unconditionally loved. I don't think there was ever a time that I didn't know how completely and fiercely you love me. You are such a large part of who I am. Not just my freckles and my smile. You taught me how to have compassion, how to care for other people, how to find beauty in challenging times. I would be content if I could someday be half the mother you are to me.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there! But especially to my own incredible mom. And to my mother-in-law, Juli. And to my Grandmere. I love you all with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment