Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Saying Goodbye

This morning, we had to take my parents to the airport. I hate goodbyes. But we had such a fun visit. And in just a month and a half, we will be making our long journey back to Georgia.

Easter Sunday was beautiful. The sun came out, and we were able to have our egg hunt for the kids outside. Everything is starting to turn green here... finally! The trees are blossoming. Daffodils are springing up all over the place. We ate a big potluck lunch with everyone from church. It was such a fun holiday, and I'm glad my parents could be there to celebrate with us.

Yesterday, we drove up to Rocky Mountain National Park. It was raining when we left Fort Collins, but by the time we got up to Estes Park, the sun was beginning to break through the clouds. It turned out to be a gorgeous day!


The elk came down into the valleys to graze. They were right by the side of the road, unconcerned with all the passing cars and paparazzi.

Silly.

We were sorry to say our goodbyes this morning. I told my parents I wanted to sneak in their suitcases, back to Georgia where it's actually WARM. I guess I can wait until June :)



Happy Easter! He is risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment