Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Anniversary Trip to Asheville

In December, Morgan and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary! We enjoyed a little getaway to one of our favorite places - Asheville, NC! We have been to Asheville many times in the 12 years we have been married, and there are a few reasons we keep going back...


Beer! Asheville has so many great breweries, including some of our favorites - Highland Brewing and Wicked Weed.


I love being married to you!


We stayed in this beautiful, modern cabin. On past trips, we spent a lot of time downtown or touring the Biltmore. This trip was more about hiking and eating great food. The property where our Airbnb was situated had stunning views of the mountains, and it was super close to the Blue Ridge Parkway.


I took these pictures of the inside because everything was so pretty!


This place made me want to build a tiny house to live in!


Also on the property was a beautiful herb garden. And a chicken coop!


Our hosts encouraged us to help ourselves to fresh eggs!


For our first night, we ordered takeout from Leo's House of Thirst. We got the Dinner for Two - gouda and cheddar grilled cheese with bacon jam - and the chef chose our sides, dessert, and our wine pairing. It was a fun surprise to open the bag and see what was inside. Along with our scrumptious grilled cheese, we had broccoli soup, the most delicious Caesar salad, and a heavenly apple sorghum cake with vanilla cream glaze. The wine was delicious as well.


The following morning, we made some scrambled eggs (thanks to our neighbors, the chickens) to get some protein before our day of hiking.


Our plan was to hop onto the Blue Ridge Parkway, and enjoy the scenic drive up to Craggy Gardens, where there are some beautiful hiking trails. Unfortunately, part of the road was closed, so we had to park in a different spot and hike up to the Craggy Gardens Trail. I - foolishly - did not pack the right shoes for hiking and got a blister before we even made it to Craggy Gardens. Even though we did get to enjoy some hiking and beautiful views, we did not make it to the summit. I was disappointed, but it was a good reminder to always pack appropriate footwear!


Thankfully, our cabin had a hot tub! It felt so good to soak my aching feet. We enjoyed some more local beer and beautiful mountain views!


After some relaxation, it was time to get dressed up for our fancy anniversary dinner.


"Fancy" means that I just wear black, apparently. 


For our anniversary dinner, we went to Limone's for some Mexican food and margaritas. But make it fancy. For our appetizer, we ordered the Lobster Nachos. These were so delicious, I wished I had ordered the Lobster Nachos for my main dish.


Until they brought out my main dish, that is. I ordered the carrot tinga enchiladas with fried plantains. Yum yum yum.


I can't remember what Morgan ordered, but he thought something was funny.


Happy anniversary, my love! Grateful everyday that I am yours and you are mine!


No comments:

Post a Comment