Pages

Monday, February 29, 2016

A Mini Update

What a crazy week / weekend it has been. Saturday morning, we woke up to discover that M's bike was stolen. Then, yesterday morning, Lucy woke up with a goopy, swollen eye. I ran her to the doctor, and sure enough - pink eye. On top of all that, we had family photos taken...



M had to have some head shots taken for his modeling career (his staff picture for the church website), so we decided to get some family photos taken while we were at it. Justin, our friend and one of M's coworkers, did a great job with the pictures, but I think you can tell we are all exhausted and feeling a little crazy. Also, our children absolutely would not look at the camera at the same time or remain still. Ah, memories.

This season of life has been so challenging for us. It is M's last semester of seminary, and we have a lot of big changes looming on the horizon. These changes are really exciting, but at the moment, I just feel drained and overwhelmed. M is working harder than I have ever seen him work, trying to balance school and work and still be a devoted, present husband and father. We go to bed at the end of each day feeling grateful but exhausted, and then we wake up the next morning and do it all over again. At the same time, I feel like God is teaching me so much about finding beauty in the mundane and the challenging aspects of life. Our children, even on the hardest days, bring so much joy and radiance to our world. I see the excitement with which they greet each new day, and it just reminds me to be thankful and to embrace the chaos. And, of course, I am thankful that this is just a season. M will not be in seminary forever; in fact, we are very, very close to the end. 

I will devote another post to the big changes coming our way. There is a lot to say, and I have not had time or energy to process all of it, yet. Hopefully, I will be able to sit down and write about everything over the next several weeks. Stay tuned...


*   *   *

This week, my mom is coming for a visit! We are so excited to see her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment