Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Our Home: Living Room

Sorry it has taken me so long to post pictures of our home here in Denver. My only excuse is that I have an almost-seventeen-month-old. You can see "before" pictures of our house here.

Today, I will be sharing photos of the living room. I feel like it's important to note that these photos are not staged. Sometimes, when I look at homes in magazines or blogs, especially family homes, I wonder if anyone actually lives there because everything looks so perfect and staged. Well, let me assure you, we live here. I left the smelly, old dog beds and the toy baskets and everything else that is ordinarily here. My style tends towards minimalism, so there isn't really a lot of clutter, but I also readily admit that my house isn't always this neat. Which I'm sure you know. OK, enough about that.

Our living room...



Painting the brick white was the first order of business when we moved into this house. It used to be a disgusting bloody red. It's amazing what a can of white paint can do.


I am still in love with the ceilings in this place. 


And the light.



That's our living room where we do most of our living. Tomorrow I'll share our kitchen / dining room. Or you could just come visit us and see it in person :)



No comments:

Post a Comment