Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Lucy's Baptism, Part 1

On Sunday, we had Lucy baptized. It was a beautiful day to celebrate God's love for his people and the covenant promises that were fulfilled in Christ. Both sets of parents / grandparents were in town for the occasion, and I was so overwhelmed by the blessing of family.

Here are some pictures from the service...







Lucy wore the same gown that I wore for my baptism when I was about her age. The gown is over a hundred years old, so I was very nervous that Lucy would spit up or poop all over it. She didn't, thankfully. And she reacted pretty well when our pastor sprinkled water on her head. She just looked around at everyone, like she thought we were all crazy :)

More pictures tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful. I am so proud of Lucy & so thankful your family got to be there. Love you!

    ReplyDelete