Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentines

M and I celebrated Valentine's Day with a fun night in. We watched a movie and had some chocolate fondue (delicious!).

{chocolate fondue with strawberries, marshmallows, and angel food hearts}

Confession: I thought M was going to totally blow off Valentine's Day. He has been busy with work lately, and I just assumed he had forgotten or didn't have time to plan anything. Every time I asked him about our "plans", he would give a noncommittal answer. Men. 

When I woke up yesterday morning to find a bottle of my favorite perfume on my pillow, I was more than a little shocked. He said he had been thinking about Valentine's Day for weeks, and (even though it's not his most favorite holiday) he was excited to surprise me. The sweet gestures continued when he left a conference call at work to make it to my doctor's appointment. Listening to our little girl's heartbeat together was probably the best way we could have spent our Valentine's. 

To my Valentine:
I don't know how I can ever express how much I love you. You are truly an amazing husband, and I don't know how you put up with me so well. Thank you for loving me so unconditionally, even when I am crazy from pregnant hormones. Your love is the greatest treasure on this earth. 
Love, L.



This weekend, we head up to Winter Park for a retreat with our kiddos. Since I'm very pregnant, I won't get to enjoy snow tubing or cross country skiing. But, I will get to curl up by the giant fireplace with a book and a cup of hot chocolate. So there's that. 


Have a lovely weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment