Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Learning to be an Italian Grandmother


Hi everyone! Sorry for the lack of posts this week. It's been crazy-busy here in the Angert household, as we've been getting ready for Christmas. We will also be celebrating our anniversary on Sunday. It's nuts how quickly time passes! So, we've been Christmas shopping, trying to get ahead at work so we can enjoy our nice, long vacation, trying to figure out what to do with the girls while we're gone...

But tonight, we are going to take it easy and kick back with some friends. I have not really entertained since we've moved out here to Colorado, so I'm really looking forward to getting a little Southern hospitality out of my system. Two couples from our church, also newlyweds and relatively new to Fort Collins, will be coming over for dinner. For some reason, when I was trying to figure out what I wanted to cook, I got really ambitious. I decided to try making homemade gnocchi. If you've never had gnocchi before, you should. It is heavenly. But I've never made it myself, so I'm a little nervous. I got the recipe from this great website, 101 Cookbooks. This particular recipe is called "How to Make Gnocci like an Italian Grandmother".

Also on the menu? Feta and prosciutto salad and Paula Deen's coconut cream bread pudding. Doesn't this sound ambitious? I must have been in a very confidant mood last night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment